Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fruits and Veggies: How Much is One Serving?

So, how was your first day? Did you get all your fruits and vegetables in?


When I started a challenge like this one over 2 months ago, I had no clue exactly how much of a fruit or vegetable counted as one serving. Just in case you're as confused as I was, here is a guide for you.


(Also, as stated in The Rules, only ONE serving can come from liquid form per day. If the liquid contains more than one serving of fruits/veggies, it still only counts as one serving. The rest must come from fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables.)

Keep up the good work!





6 comments:

  1. I have been doing better than I thought! I've actually been having more like 7 servings of fruit and veggies a day. Usually I am lucky to get one serving a day, so that is quite an improvement!
    Thanks for the chart. Some sources were saying 2 cups of romaine for a serving, and some were saying one cup, so it's nice to have some clarification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving us the chart. That will be helpful. I usually do pretty well with my fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too appreciate this resource. The 5 fruits and veggies is one I was really having to focus on to make sure I got all 5. The challenge is going great so far! Definitely stopped me from putting a few treats in my mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Dad and I were having a conversation about raisins counting as fruits, since he puts raisins in his oatmeal every morning. I told him that I didn't think so...he was happy to get this chart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trevor asked me the same thing about the raisins. He'll be happy to know that it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chart is awesome! So helpful. Challenge is going good so far-but I'm a huge veggie lover so this particular aspect isn't too difficult for me. :)

    ReplyDelete