Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meet Heather



Name: 
Heather aka Heffalump

Age:  

39

Where you live:  

On the North Oregon Coast

What you do for a living:  

SAHM to seven kids ages 20 months to 15.  Six of them are boys.

Favorite Hobbies: 

 I collect hobbies that I hope to have time and energy to actually do someday.  I surf the web and collect tutorials for how to do things that I typically don’t have the time or equipment for yet.  I also like to read and cook.

Favorite Food (healthy or not):  

Strawberries are my favorite food, although I’m not one to turn down a Peanut Butter Cup or Lindt Chocolate.

What is the hardest thing for you to keep up with in this challenge?:  


Probably the exercise or the sugar.  I’m more likely to give up a point for the sugar, but I have a hard time with the exercise.  I only do it so I won’t have to give up points that I might want to use for other things (like eating a blackberry cobbler someone at church gave us). 

Which is the easiest thing for you to keep up with in this challenge? Any tips you'd like to share? 


  I think the water has been the easiest.  I use a ten and a half ounce Tupperware cup and keep it on the counter.  Every time I get a drink of water I make sure to fill the cup so I know I am getting at least ten ounces, and then I put a little dot in the water square on my chart.  Once I have five dots I check off the water for the day, although I usually end up drinking more than 50 oz.  I also do that for the fruits and veggies as well (dots on the chart I mean).

Thanks Heather! Also, Heather keeps a blog at http://iblogaboutnothing.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to follow along. AND she made the nifty chart for all of us to keep track of our points:)

4 comments:

  1. Heather, thanks for the tip on the water. I really need to do better! My husband comes from a family of 5 boys and 1 girl. His Dad would tell people they have 6 kids - all girls but 5! (humor was different back in the olden days)
    I would definitely give up a point for a blackberry cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Heather! Sounds like you are very busy. :) Thanks for making the nice chart and I also do the dots on mine. It helps a lot. I guess it's good that you are exercising, so you can have that occasional sugar, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have known Heather for a few years and she is one of the most amazing women I know. I wish you all could meet her.

    ReplyDelete