Sunday, June 3, 2012

Meet Andrea

Name: Andrea J.

Age:
34

Where you live:
West Point, UT

What you do for a living:
mom to 4 boys

Favorite Hobbies:
scrapbooking and making cards

Favorite Food (healthy or not):
Chinese food


What is the hardest thing for you to keep up with in this challenge? (sleep, water, exercise, etc):
In the beginning it was hard for me to say no to treats. Then I realized that I was focusing on the "NO" and wanting it because I couldn't have it. The second week I crossed out the No Sweets on my chart and wrote "I am putting healthy food in my body." That really helped me focus on what I want.
I also struggle with wanting to eat after my boys are in bed. I know it's not a hunger thing and that I am trying to fill up a feeling. It has been good to be consciously aware of that and not give in to the feeling.


Which is the easiest thing for you to keep up with in this challenge? Any tips you'd like to share? (how you get 30 mins of exercise in each day,
how to keep track of water, etc):
I don't know if it's necessary easy, but I have made a conscious effort to floss my teeth every night (I was a non-flosser before) and to read my scriptures every morning. These seem easy along with exercise because I have made them a part of my daily routine.  I am thankful for this challenge for just that, to make new habits! 

Thanks Andrea!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Shannon. I appreciate the idea of not focusing on the "NO". When I get home from vacation and being with my kids, I'll have to try that!!!!

    I want to make flossing a regular part of my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    Every time I try to leave a comment, my iPad froze up on me and wouldn't let me send. So I'm on my desk top and just want to say, Welcome! As a mother of 4 boys, you probably get lots of exercise trying to keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I was a non-flosser as well!! And I like your tip of outsmarting your braing with the "no sweets" rule. :)

    ReplyDelete